Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday Stock-up

Hi, and welcome to another Sunday Stock-up.
This season is proving to be one of bold new forays in fashion and couture. One trend I love is the statement sleeve. Sleeves are having such a moment, providing an element unexplored in fashion until recently. Obviously, since the name of this blog is "Sleeves and Skirts," this is one trend that speaks to me. It's a modern, modest fashionista's dream come true.
Sleeves have been featuring on the fashion season this whole year, starting with the cold-shoulder trend popular throughout this last winter. Honestly, as much as I love jumping on the newest trend, that was one fad I just didn't get. How can a sweater, which is meant to add bulk and warmth, have gaping holes? Seems counterintuitive to me.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, cold-shoulder wouldn't cut it for me in terms of modesty. So I try to look for other statement-sleeve styles to wear. With that in mind, I bring you this pile-up of inspiration, looks, and products.

1. Stripes and buttons on the back create a casual, beachy look:

anthropologie.com




















2. This dreamy, neutral top perfectly balanced the wrist detail:
9to5chic.com





















3. A sleek, modern look using black-and-white to play with dramatic lines:
pinterest.com




















4. A sweet sweater for cooler days:
laurenconrad.com


5. For those who want the fun without the intense dimensions:

bcbg.com





















Hope you enjoyed these inspiring looks! My best advice for pulling off this look: be confident, and wear your heart on your sleeve.
Nissa


No comments:

Post a Comment